Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hello Trondheim


Waving, hugging and saying goodbye to my friends and family and anticipating my journey to Trondheim, Norway.

The flight stopped at Bangkok, and it continued to Oslo, I swear I nearly cried when I see the white snow when the plane landed. There are 6 hours of transit to Trondheim and I have my first cultural shock.

I was extremely thirsty and guess how much a bottle of mineral wate
r sold at Oslo Airport.

NOK20 ( SGD 5.++)
The gassy, expensive drink

Ok since I am really thirsty, I have to buy. When I twist the cap off, it is Soooo Gassy and salty. Argh, at least I am not thirsty anymore.

* The fact is, the water from tap in Norway is drinkable, yet not much research before my arrival, hence.. lesson learned.

It was snowing out there, for the first time I see the snow.. I ran out the airport and try to capture the snowflakes.. *Jin Suagu*

So, happily I board Norwegian air to Trondheim. It is a beautiful town, but not a beautiful 1st day experience.

i) We lost our way in dark, icy evening.
ii) Sit Bolig (housing) reception close
iii) Spend $60 to stay in Hostel & some cab fare

Still, I love this peaceful, little student village

No comments:

Post a Comment